September 6th 2011
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
September 6, 2011
REGULAR SESSION - 7:00 P.M.
ANDERSON CITY HALL
1887 Howard Street
PARTICIPATION BY PUBLIC IN MEETING
Please review the Agenda to determine if the subject you wish to discuss is scheduled for Council consideration. If it is on the Agenda, you will have an opportunity when that matter comes up for discussion to briefly address the Council.
If the subject is not on tonight’s Agenda, please complete an Agenda Request Form (on Clerk’s table) and present it to the City Council Clerk. You will have the opportunity to speak on the subject under Item 5.2. However, if the item is not on the Agenda, each speaker will be limited to one five (5) minute opportunity to speak, unless the City Council makes an exception due to special circumstances.
The Brown Act prohibits the Council from taking action on any item not placed on the printed Agenda in most cases.
Effective July 1, 2008, the Brown Act requires any non-confidential documents or writings distributed to a majority of the City Council less than 72 hours before a regular meeting will be made available to members of the public at the same time they are distributed.
City Council meetings are televised and can be seen live on Cable Public Access Channel 11 and on tape delay the following morning at 10:00 a.m.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Anderson will make available to members of the public any special assistance necessary to participate in this meeting. The public should contact the City Clerk’s office (378-6646) to make such a request. Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting.
This is an Equal Opportunity Program. Discrimination is prohibited by Federal Law. Complaints of discrimination may be filed with the Secretary of Agriculture, Washington, D.C. 20250.
REGULAR SESSION – 7:00 p.m.
1.0 ROLL CALL – COUNCIL: Councilmember Day
2.0 INVOCATION – Ron Barnett, Faith Assembly Church, will give the invocation.
3.0 PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE – Councilmember Hopkins.
4.0 PRESENTATION – Jean King, Executive Director of the Shasta Women’s Refuge, will make a presentation to the Council regarding services they provide to our community.
5.1 SCHEDULED CITIZEN REQUEST TO ADDRESS THE CITY COUNCIL – None.
5.2 PUBLIC COMMENT ON ITEMS NOT ON THE AGENDA - Anyone in the audience who wants to address the Council on a subject which is not on tonight’s agenda is now invited to come to the podium. Please provide your name and the subject you wish to discuss. Please limit your remarks to 5 minutes or less.
5.3 STUDENT REPORTS – None.
5.4 COUNCIL REPORTS - City Councilmembers will report on attendance at conferences/meetings reimbursed at City expense (Requirement of Assembly Bill 1234).
6.0 CONSENT AGENDA - Consent Agenda items are expected to be routine and non-controversial. They will be acted upon by the Council at one time without discussion. Any member of the public, staff or City Council may request that an item be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion. Are there any requests to remove any items from the Consent Agenda?
6.1 MINUTES - Approve the minutes of the regular meeting of August 16, 2011.
6.2 WARRANTS – Receive and file warrant 120629 to 120710 in the amount of $184,006.56; warrant 120711 to 120741 in the amount of $65,579.24; warrant 120742 to 120850 in the amount of 199,982.07; an ACH in the amount of $1,862.40; a Wire Transfer in the amount of $371.16; an ACH in the amount of $1862.40; and a Wire Transfer in the amount of $371.16.
6.3 CITY ATTORNEY – None.
6.4 CITY CLERK
6.4a Waive reading, except by title, of any ordinances under consideration at this meeting for either introduction or passage per Government Code Section 36934.
6.4b Adopt a resolution rescinding Resolution No. 11-24, and re-approving the submittal of a Community Development Block Grant program (CDBG) – Planning and Technical Assistance grant application in the amount of $125,000 to provide studies for the Anderson Gateway Area Commercial Revitalization; City of Anderson Economic Development Plan; and a development of preliminary design, engineering and environmental clearance for curb, gutter, sidewalk, and lighting improvements and project cost estimates for the Bruce Street/Emily Drive area, and authorizing the City Manager, and/or designee to execute a grant agreement and any amendments thereto with the State of California for the purposes of this grant, and authorizing matching funds in the amount of $25,000 for the 2010/2011 CDBG Planning and Technical Assistance grant application, and clarifying how the cash match will be applied.
6.5 CITY MANAGER – None.
6.6 FINANCE DIRECTOR/TREASURER – None.
6.7 COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT – None.
6.8 DEVELOPMENT SERVICES DEPARTMENT – None.
6.9 POLICE DEPARTMENT – None.
6.10 PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT – None.
END OF CONSENT CALENDAR
6.11 ITEMS (IF ANY) REMOVED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR
7.0 PUBLIC HEARINGS – None.
8.0 CITY COUNCIL – None.
8.1 CITY ATTORNEY – None.
The City Council will recess and the Anderson Redevelopment Agency will convene.
ANDERSON REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY
ARA.1 ROLL CALL: Director Day
ARA.2 MINUTES – Approve minutes of the Agency meeting of August 16, 2011.
The City Council will reconvene and the Anderson Redevelopment Agency will continue in joint session.
8.2/ARA.3 CITY MANAGER
CONSIDER ACTIONS CONSISTENT WITH THE VOLUNTARY ALTERNATIVE REDEVELOPMENT PROGRAM PURSUANT TO PART 1.9 OF DIVISION 24 OF THE CALIFORNIA HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE, AS PROVIDED IN AB 1X 26 AND 1X 27, IN ORDER TO PERMIT THE CONTINUED EXISTENCE AND OPERATION OF THE REDEVELOPMENT AGENCY OF THE CITY OF ANDERSON IN LIEU OF DISSOLUTION
The City Manager recommends that the City Council:
1. Enact Ordinance 774 (second reading) in compliance with the Alternative Voluntary Redevelopment Program pursuant to part 1.9 of Division 24 of the California Health and Safety Code in order to permit the continued existence and operation of the Redevelopment Agency of the City of Anderson, as introduced (first reading) on August 16, 2011.
2. Adopt a Resolution approving the execution of a Conditional Community Remittance Funding Agreement between the City of Anderson and the Anderson Redevelopment Agency setting forth the terms of the Agency’s annual transfer of tax increment revenue to the City under AB 1X 27.
The Executive Director recommends that the Agency Board:
1. Adopt a Resolution approving the execution of a Conditional Community Remittance Funding Agreement between the City of Anderson and the Anderson Redevelopment Agency setting forth the terms of the Agency’s annual transfer of tax increment revenue to the City under AB 1X 27.
2. Adopt a Resolution reducing the allocation to the Low and Moderate Income Housing Fund for fiscal year 2011-2012 and making certain related findings and determinations.
3. Adopt a Resolution ratifying, approving and adopting an Enforceable Obligation Payment Schedule pursuant to AB 1X 26.
The Anderson Redevelopment Agency will adjourn and the City Council will continue.
8.3 CITY CLERK – None.
8.4 FINANCE DEPARTMENT – None.
8.5 COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT – None.
8.6 DEVELOPMENT SERVICES DEPARTMENT
ADD CHAPTER 1.22 TO THE ANDERSON MUNICIPAL CODE AND AMEND CHAPTERS 8.28 AND 8.29 AND SECTION 1.20.010 OF THE ANDERSON MUNICIPAL CODE RELATING TO CODE ENFORCEMENT, VIOLATIONS, PENALTIES, ADMINISTRATIVE CITATIONS AND HEARING PROCEDURES
1. Enact Ordinance No. 775 (seconding reading) adding Chapter 1.22 to and amending Chapter 8.28 and 8.29 and section 1.20.010 of the Anderson Municipal Code relating to the code enforcement, violations, penalties, administrative citations and hearing procedures, as introduced (first reading) on August 16, 2011, and
2. Adopt a resolution approving administrative citation fines for violation of the Anderson Municipal Code.
8.7 POLICE DEPARTMENT
Receive and file the Annual Report.
8.8 PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
Adopt a resolution:
1. Awarding the contract for the Veterans Walk of Honor to the lowest responsible bidder, The Perry Company, of Chico, California in the amount of Two Hundred and Five Thousand Dollars ($205,000.00).
2. Authorizing the City Manager to execute the contract upon receipt of required insurance certificates and payment and performance bonds.
3. Authorizing the Public Works Director to approve additional project change orders not to exceed 15% of the contract bid amount.
9.0 STAFF REPORTS
9.1 City Manager Dana Shigley will report on a proposed Tax Sharing Agreement with Shasta County.
9.2 Interim Police Chief Shawn Watts and City Manager Dana Shigley will give an update on the acquisition of a new Police Command Vehicle.
10.0 ADJOURN - The City Council will adjourn to September 20, 2011.