(530) 378-6699 1925 Howard Street, Anderson, CA 96007
The Anderson Fire Department is committed to providing the highest level of public safety services to our community. We protect lives and property through fire suppression, emergency medical services, disaster services, fire prevention and public education.
Our members will, Prevent Harm, Survive, and Be Nice!
On July 10th 1909 the Shasta County Board of Supervisors appointed the First Board of Fire Commissioners for The town of Anderson and the Name was changed to the “Anderson Fire Protection District” The name of the department to the present day. The present fire district encompasses all of the City of Anderson (incorporated 1956), and extends north of the City limits as far as the Verde Vale Subdivision. In 1959 the department moved into its present quarters, which is next door to the City Hall at 1925 Howard St. The department acquired its first paid personnel in 1959. The department started with three personnel in 1959 and increased its staff to 6 by 1970. During 1950 the department responded to 250 incidents which included fires and medical calls. During the 2009 calendar year the department responded to over 2089 incidents and still the staff is 6. In 2010 the Anderson Fire Protection District once again made history by having the first fully elected Fire Board. The 5 members of the board were elected by the citizens of Anderson. In 2010 the Fire District hired 3 full time Firefighters to work alongside the 3 full time Captains. For the first time in Anderson’s history the community is protected by 2 full time personnel 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. For the calendar year 2015 AFD responded to 2,500 calls for service.